Envrmnt Creator lets you quickly set up augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) experiences for mobile apps. We make this possible by setting up templates, each with almost everything you need up in advance and ready to go. All you do is swap in your specific content and publish.
Currently, we support one VR experience:
- 360 Video - VR - Upload your own 360 video in 2D or 3D stereo. We provide the SDK for your mobile app to play it.
Envrmnt Creator currently supports many templates that are either one of two distinctly different kinds of mobile AR experiences.
- A trigger image experience requires a specific image that initiates an AR experience, and the image also provides the visual anchor for the AR content to hang onto. It could be as small as your business card or as big as your highway billboard.
The user points the AR app’s camera at the image, and the video or model appears in front of it.
- A true space experience does not require a target image to initiate or to anchor AR content. The user simply runs the AR-enabled app and points the camera at a horizontal surface to initiate an AR experience.
These are the currently available AR templates:
- Image - Trigger — Upload a image file and a trigger image. The image displays on top of the trigger image when a mobile phone is pointed at it.
- Video - Trigger — Upload a video and a trigger image. The video plays on top of the trigger image when a mobile phone is pointed at it.
- 3D Model - Trigger — Upload a 3D model and a trigger image. The 3D model appears when a mobile phone is pointed at the trigger image.
- 3D Models - True Space — True space templates don’t require a trigger image, so you upload just models. When a mobile phone locates a flat surface, the AR user can place the model there. This template allows the user to choose from a catalog of models to place.
- Portal - True Space — We provide the 3D portal; you only need to upload a 360° or 180° video. Viewers see a portal when a mobile phone locates a flat surface and they can step into the portal to be immersed within the video.
Follow the links above for detailed steps on creating with experience template.