Once you have started creating a new Portal experience, you will need to upload the video file through the 360/180 Video component in the left side panel. If that component is not open already, click on it once.
Upload an .mp4 video file. The 360/180 Video component provides three ways to do this.
- Move your mouse over the image area, and when the prompt appears click on the upload icon to open your computer’s file system. Browse to the .mp4 file you want and then click Open.
- Open your computer’s file system and find the .mp4 file you want to upload. The drag that file from the system browser to the image area in the 2D Video component to begin the upload process.
- If the video you want to use has already been uploaded, whether to another experience or directly to the Asset Manager, you may select Import From Asset Manager. This will open a dialog listing all the .mp4 videos you have already uploaded. Select the one you want and click Add To Experience.
|For best results, we recommend using mp4 video with at least 720p resolution and less than 10 GB in size. Resolutions between 640x480 (480p) and 1920x1080 (1080p) are supported.|
Once your video is uploaded, you should see the first frame of it in the workspace.
Now, scroll down the panel to reveal more options.
Envrmnt Creator supports only two immersive video projection types: 360 equirectangular in monovision and 360 equirectangular in 3D. Be sure that your uploaded .mp4 was filmed in either of these projections.
Our system cannot determine if the .mp4 you upload is monovision or 3D. Please choose the correct format under Choose Video Playback.
The image in the workspace can help you figure out if you have the right projection selected. If you are seeing two images stacked, then you have a 3D video loaded by mono selected. If you are seeing only the upper half of the video in the workspace, you probably have a mono type uploaded but 3D selected.
You have some control over how the 360 video will play for the end-user.
- You can choose to show or hide the video player controls. If shown, your end user will be able to pause the video.
- You can choose to initiate the video to play for the user in a split-screen VR mode, or to begin playing in a normal full-screen mode.
- If you have Loop selected, the video will play continuously - replaying from the beginning automatically when the end is reached.